Friday, January 3, 2014

Blair Marriott's story



Hi,
Today I am going to share story of Blair Marriott who is from New Zealand. He met with road accident and got an amputee. Being an amputee he is guiding and supporting other amputees, along this he is also working in New Zealand fire service.



Let me tell you more about him

On the 3rd December 2010 Blair marriott was involved in a head-on motorcycle versus car collision, with a combined speed of 120km/h. In this accident he lost his right leg above the knee, broken left leg in seven places and also his right arm and shattered left wrist. He says, “The vehicle that hit me was a stolen car driving on the wrong side of the road by a person with a learner's licence. In total I spent four days in ICU and 38 days on the hospital wards”.

He started extensive physiotherapy in the hospital. At the beginning he was unable to care for himself even in the most basic way. He was unable to feed himself but the level of trauma made him incapable of even getting out of bed and so a hoist had to be used. After leaving hospital physiotherapy continued including hydrotherapy and balance skills and going to the gym twice a week for strength building.



Due to an infection in his left leg he was wheelchair-bound for eight months as the bones could not heal properly. At the end of June he got his first socket which was a very basic leg, and proceeded to learn to walk again. A year later he has a hydraulic knee and foot, both of which make walking a lot easier.

Blair says, “At the time of my accident, I had served 15 years in the New Zealand Fire Service as a professional fire-fighter; however that was no longer to be. Thankfully the New Zealand Fire Service has stood by me and I have been redeployed to a different department where I am currently working”.

My friends look at Blair Marriott, after meeting with a horrible accident he is walking with the help of prosthetics. Always remember that you are still you and only the exterior look has changed. Stay true to yourself and your recovery will be all that much faster. I am here for you guys and I will keep updating relevant information, Real Stories and Details about Advance Technology Prosthetics for you. If you have any question or query and need my help on anything you can mail me at jas.singh474@gmail.com.

I need your wishes and Love.
Thank you 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts